We provide a total of 9 API to give you access to Federal Election Commission (FEC) Data.
The API are categorized as:
- We provide 5 API that returns the:
- Documentation and user instructions
- Age distribution for the donors to one or more committees
- Number of cumulative donors over time for one or more candidates a given candidate id(s) and cycle(s)
- Candidate information for a given candidate name
- Candidate and Committee information for a given candidate name
2. Enricher API
- We provide 4 API that enrich and make the dataset more meaningful. With our API, you can get the:
- Gender and age estimates with names and reference dates.
- Gender and age distributions for a name and a reference date.
- Ethnicities for a name and a year given in a JSON file.
- Ethnicity for a name and a year.
The base URL is
You can test our API on our interactive Swagger pages:
Before you can run any of our API, you have to authenticate with your API key. This API key is provided by an e.ventures team member.
- Go to Data + Charts API or Enricher API.
- Click the Authorize button on the left.
- In the Value field, enter your API key. This API key is provided by an e.ventures team member.
- Click the Authorize button.
- Awesome! You are now authorized to test the API on the interactive Swagger page.
We provide a list of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) response status codes to indicate the success of failure of an API request.
Here is the HTTP status code summary:
200 - OK
A CSV/JSON or HTML file containing the result.
401 - Unauthorized
The API key is missing or invalid.
404 - Not Found
Page or Content not found
We have the following HTTP verbs for our API:
This verb is used for retrieving resources.
This verb is used for creating resources.
For more details on what you can do with the data, please refer to the Use Cases section. You can also learn how to access the data on the FEC Data Platform via our:
Updated 11 months ago